The Bear Bull Traders Trading Challenge
April/May 2019 BBT Trader’s Challenge Winners
We are excited to introduce our newest program, the Bear Bull Traders Challenge! We’ve built this program in order for you to showcase your trading abilities. The winner of the Bear Bull Traders Challenge will win a Mobile Trading Station valued at $4000! It’s the same one that Andrew uses when he travels! We have also partnered with DAS Trader to offer two-weeks of access to the DAS Trader Pro simulator in order to give you the most realistic experience possible.
The first week of the program will be unstructured and results will not be reflected in your end total. This will give you the opportunity to set up the DAS Trader Pro simulator and work on any strategies you would like to perfect before beginning the challenge.
The second week of the program will be the “competition” portion of the challenge, with all simulator accounts being locked so that neither the equity nor buying power can be changed. All trading results in the second week will be counted toward the participant’s total. To keep the trading as realistic as possible, all traders will be ranked based on total NET profits for the week, less simulated commissions. We want to keep the challenge simple, so we have limited the number of rules
- Each trader will start with a demo account, a simulated balance of $25,000 USD, and an intraday margin of 4:1.
- Account equity will carry over and not be reset each day
- No positions can be held overnight
- All trades must be in US stocks, ETFs, or ETNs (no futures, currencies, options, foreign markets, etc.).
- Simulated commissions will apply. The winner will be determined by NET profit. Therefore, do not over-trade!
- A leaderboard showing the top five five participants as at the close of each day’s trading will be posted on the BBT website prior to 8:30am ET on the following trading day.
Registration to participate in the challenge is $49 and will cover both weeks of access to the DAS Trader Pro simulator. You might be interested in watching our classes #1 and #2, available on YouTube, to learn the basics of the DAS Trader Pro platform and how to build a watchlist and prepare for the trading day. You can also build a watchlist live each trading day morning with Carlos and Norm on our YouTube Live Pre-Market Show at 8:30am ET.
Each trader ranking in the top 10 by NET P&L each day will be scored on a points system:
- 10 Points for the best P&L that day, followed by 9 for 2nd place, 8 points for 3rd place and so on. In order to receive points for that day you must have a positive Net P&L for that day – if only 5 people have a positive P&L only they will be awarded points for that day.
- Daily points will be added for the week and the trader with the highest point total from the 5 days wins the Challenge.
- The winning trader(s) must have a positive P&L for the week – If he/she blows up their account on Friday after winning the first 4 days, they are disqualified.
- Example – Trader A finishes in 1st place on Monday, 5th on Tuesday, and 7th on Wednesday (but lost $500 on Wednesday). They would receive 10 points on Monday, 6 points on Tuesday, and no points on Wednesday totaling 16 points for the first 3 days.
Here’s a graph of how the point system works:
Please click the button below to purchase your entry ticket for the BBT Trader’s Challenge!
- We are currently accepting traders for our April 22nd, 2019 competition!
The Next Trader's Challenge Starts in:
BBT Trader’s Challenge Entry:
- Price: $49 (one-time payment) which includes 2 weeks of access to the real time DAS Trader Pro simulator along with the Nasdaq TotalView Level 2 data feed.
- Prizes: First Place: Mobile Trading Station (Alienware laptop, 3 portable monitors, all accessories, wireless mouse, and a carry bag) (~$4,000 value!)
- Duration: 2 weeks: 1 week practice; 1 week competition!
- Access to the Bear Bull Traders community, class, and chatroom is not required, but traders are of course welcome to join us at anytime!
Only one ticket per-person is allowed. If this page refreshes after clicking the button, please click here to go to your cart to complete checkout.
If you are already a member of Bear Bull Traders, your ticket will just provide you with access to the BBT Trader’s Challenge.
We are required by the exchanges to collect your address. This information is required and you will be asked for this information at checkout.
Please review this BBT Trader’s Challenge disclaimer here: https://bearbulltraders.com/disclaimers/#challenge By purchasing an entry ticket to the challenge, you agree to and understand our terms as outlined in the disclaimer.
Please note: DAS Trader Pro is designed for and recommended to be run only on a Windows platform. Mac users can operate DAS with a Windows/iOS interface. Please watch this instructional video by DAS (LINK). Also, if you do not receive any emails from us after signing-up, please check your SPAM folder. If the emails are still not visible, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org as the emails contain very important information.